Chocolate Truffle Cookies

Those of you that know me know I have no self control when it comes to biscuits. The only way I can manage my addiction is to simply not buy them, however some days biscuits are a necessity. The good thing about our kitchen is it's always well stocked with baking ingredients to make my own.

So flicking through my recipe books looking for a quick fix, these Chocolate Truffle Cookies were the obvious choice, a. they're chocolate, b. they have a splash of Amaretto in them (also always well stocked in our house).

I had to be patient while the dough chilled but while I was waiting I could run up and down the stairs a few times to make me feel better about my imminent biscuit binge. 

I said could... I didn't, but I did snap a picture of Mr Prickles who couldn't wait until nightfall for his fix of meal worms.

My patience ran out as soon as they were baked and I could smell them. I ate them while they were still warm and they were gone in record time, Chris was lucky to get a couple! I have no regrets.

I've made a few more batches since then, to accompany a cuppa with friends and as a small birthday treat for my Nan who shares my sweet tooth.

I think they make a nice gift in a pretty jar with a little ribbon tied round.

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo